The latest release of the F-Droid Repository Client, version 0.45, is now available. You can download it from the home page or, if you already have an earlier version installed, just update.
Main changes since 0.42:
- Fixed a bug where repository update checks could happen more frequently than what was requested in the settings.
- The repository has been split, such that older versions of applications are kept in a separate archive repository. In a fresh client install, this repository is pre-installed, but switched off. Just tick it in ‘Manage Repos’ to enable it. For upgraded installations, you can add the repository with the address “/archive”. The current policy is to keep the three most recent versions of an application in the main repository, and the rest in the archive.
- Permissions can now optionally be displayed with the application description, allowing review before download.
- Better progress feedback during repo update.
- Many other UI improvements.
- Lots of translation updates.